Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taxi Drivers are :(

A while ago (3 months I believe), I visited the blog of a Taxi Driver to do that evaluation worksheet that Ms. Huang wanted us to do about blogs. Anyway, in there, I read of all the "adventures and misadventures" of a Singapore taxi driver. One of the post that caught my eye was this one.

Now, let's talk about something I saw yesterday. While I was on my way back from school, I chanced upon an argument between a taxi driver and two passengers. The conversation went something like this:
Passenger A: There wasn't even an accident on the highway, you are the most dishonest human being I have ever seen!

I only heard her voice because she was shouting it out for the whole world. I didn't hear what the other passenger and the taxi driver was saying, but I inferred that the passenger felt that she was scammed of her time and money.

Well, I can't really say much in the matter, since I don't know whether the taxi driver really lied. But anyway, if he really did, I doubt anyone would be able to sympathise with him the way people sympathised with the taxi driver writing the diary.

Sympathy is a pretty funny thing, the same thing can happen to two people and one of them would be sympathised by others, whereas the other would be detested by the people around him. Let's have a little diagram:

Misunderstanding -> If real -> Hated

\/
If not real

\/
Sympathy

Speaking of taxi drivers, reading the blog entries of the taxi diary made me realise something that I didn't before. I realised that even a somewhat average job could actually have so many interesting things happening. Strangely, thousands of shows are focused on the interactions of rich people (*cough* Taiwanese Dramas *cough*) and the simple and small things are often neglected.

I do believe this can be carried on to how our lives sometimes are. We often look at all the big things in life and miss out on the small things. There are tons of examples, but I doubt there's a need to cite them.

To conclude this post, I feel for taxi drivers. They have to deal with all kind of people all the time and people aren't always that normal xD

iSpark is weird. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment